Venue: Draíocht Art Gallery, Adare
Date: August 21st, 2022
Please note there are some changes to allow for safe conduct demanded by CoVid-19
Welcome to en Plein Air, Adare 2022 organised by Draíocht Art Gallery, Adare, the information hub for competition and generously sponsored by Regeneron Ireland with a first prize of €1000. Adare Village, Co. Limerick hosts the event.
Rules and Guidelines
The competition is open to all aged 18 years and over who pay the €30 nonrefundable entry fee. You may book your place online or in Draíocht from today. Entry numbers are strictly limited.
Formal registration of two canvases for competition will take place in Draíocht Gallery on Saturday 20th August 3- 5.30pm and again from 8.30am on Sunday morning. This facilitates dawn painters. Nonregistered canvases will not be considered for competition. Participating artists must agree to submit contact details including email and phone numbers to be used for the purposes of communication during the competition on all messaging applications. This information will not be made available to any other 3rd party.
Importantly Canvas Size must be greater than 30 x 20 cms A4 page) but smaller than 60 x 60 cm
Canvases may be primed ‘paint ready’ at registration. At registration you will be allocated your ‘paint out location’, but once there you choose the vista.
We choose the site : You choose the vista.
• The artist is agreeing to abide by all rules, decisions and instructions that are communicated to you by the organisers. Their decision in all matters is final.
• All paintings must be painted on location.
• The organising committee reserve the right to accept or reject any artist’s registration application without explanation.
• Only stamped canvases/paper will qualify for competition.
• The artists will select one canvas to be judged and deliver it to Draíocht before 4pm on Sunday unframed for display and final judgement.
In Draíocht the artist must comply with CoVid-19 guidelines, enter the designated door, keep their distance, leave their entry for presentation with the committee member and leave the building promptly.
Each entry will be returned to the artist after Monday 29th August.